@ 2017 Mike's Collision Repair, LLC
MCR Repair Process
- Step 1: Estimate: MCR begins with a thorough assessment of your vehicle’s damage.I will break down parts and labor and review the estimate with you, and with your insurance company. If your vehicle is not road-ready, we can help you secure a rental vehicle.
- Step 2: Insurance Approval: If you are going through your insurance company, I will send the estimate to your insurance company for review. There may be some negotiation about the price, procedures and parts used for your auto repair. Based on the value of your vehicle, the insurance company may classify the damage as a total loss. If your vehicle is repairable, upon approval, I will begin the process immediately.
- Step 3: Disassembly: Estimates are based on experience and expertise. I will carefully disassemble your automobile. Sometimes disassembly reveals hidden damage that will needs to be added to our collision repair assessment. If this is the case, we may need to schedule an insurance re-inspection and order additional auto parts.
- Step 4: Secure needed parts: Once we receive all of the structural and mechanical parts, we can begin the repair process.
- Step 5: Structure Repair: If necessary, the unibody will be returned to factory specifications. A computerized measurement system will analyze the frame of your automobile to ensure an accurate auto repair.
- Step 6: Body Repair: After structural repair is complete, your vehicle I start the auto body repair phase. This part of the process includes replacement of the exterior panels and metal finishing. Sheet metal is installed, aligned, and your car will begin to resemble its pre-accident form.
- Step 7: Paint: Once auto body repair is complete, I prepare your vehicle for auto painting. Thorough preparation is the key to a flawless paint application and good adhesion. Next, the paint is mixed in our state of the art computerized mixing machine, which ensures the color will be exact. The color and clear coat are then applied using our down-draft paint booth. Our auto paint booths allow the paint to be applied in a dust-free environment, and then baked dry at the optimal temperature.
- Step 8: Reassembly: After the paint has fully dried, we reassemble your vehicle with all of the final moldings and detail pieces. We also take this time to check all of your vehicle’s systems.
- Step 9: Detailing: Before we release your car back into your eager hands, I complete a full detailing. Our experienced and highly trained detailer will clean and prepare your vehicle. As a final precaution, we complete a road test and full inspection to ensure our auto repair work meets or exceeds industry standards.
- Step 10: Delivery: